Honeoye Falls-Lima resident Jessica Miron has created a safe way for area residents to celebrate Halloween.
The community event is a BOO your neighbor available to all in the HF-L district.
“I wanted to reach out and let folks who don’t have Facebook join the community event I started for Halloween,” she wrote in an email to The Sentinel. “With COVID, parents have to think of creative and safer ways to trick or treat especially those who have immune sensitive children or just in general due to COVID. I have set up a signup sheet for both the boo’er and boo’ee. Within 48 hours we amassed 120 families and over 140 children to surprise on Halloween!”
Here are the links to participate:
- Sign Up Here To be BOOd: https://forms.gle/nNfW4GoSSGTYJwSt8
- Sign Up Here to BOO: https://forms.gle/L4JDfHbGZey4U7H8A
“I would love to have folks with teenagers or young adults that want to surprise a family with treats sign up!,” Miron said. “If you normally would hand out candy or maybe you enjoy putting together little ‘Halloween’ treat bags! Join Us! Sign up ends Sunday, October 11. To give me time to sort and get more “boo-ers” in case I need to. My goal is to have two BOO’ers for every family, if possible.”
Join us as we celebrate Halloween in a safe fun way! Sometimes called “Ghosting” or “the Phantom”, the Halloween BOO is an Autumn take on “Secret Santa” or May baskets.
How it works:
- Fill out the google form for either receiving a surprise, sending, or both by Sunday, October 11.
- You will receive your family to give a gift to that week.
- Deliver awesome gift/surprise on or near Halloween!
- Enjoy the smiling faces and happy posts!