We received the following for the Livingston County Health Department:
Governor Cuomo announced earlier this week that a new COVID-19 public drive-in testing site will open on Friday, May 1, 2020 at the Monroe Community College campus in Brighton to serve the greater Rochester region.
Testing at this location is by appointment only and can be scheduled by calling the New York State COVID-19 Hotline at 1-888-364-3065 or registering online at https://covid19screening.health.ny.gov/.
The New York State Department of Health recently revised guidance to increase testing for frontline workers, including all first responders, health care workers, and essential employees who interact with the public, while continuing to prioritize resources. Testing for COVID-19 shall be authorized by a health care provider for individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
· An individual is symptomatic or has a history of symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, and/or trouble breathing), particularly if the individual is 70 years of age or older, the individual has a compromised immune system, or the individual has an underlying health condition; or
· An individual has had close (i.e. within six feet) or proximate contact with a person known to be positive with COVID-19; or
· An individual is subject to a precautionary or mandatory quarantine; or
· An individual is employed as a health care worker, first responder, or other essential worker who directly interacts with the public while working; or
· An individual presents with a case where the facts and circumstances – as determined by the treating clinician in consultation with state or local department of health officials – warrant testing.
Additional details about COVID-19 testing are available at https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-testing.