Community Restaurants Come Together to Support Education from Sept. 30 – Oct. 6
The HFL Education Fund today announced its inaugural HFL Restaurant Week, which will take place from September 30 to October 6, 2019. The seven-day event will see many of the most popular eating and drinking establishments across the community come together in support of the Fund, which provides grants to educators that enhance a variety of student experiences.
Each participant has committed to providing at least one special HFL Restaurant Week menu item, with a portion of proceeds being donated to the cause. To date, they include:
- The Brewery – 100% of proceeds from any dessert (with meal purchase)
- The Cottage – 50% of each COUGAR Nacho Plate (black bean and corn)
- Crabby Dan’s – proceeds from “The BEEF” breakfast sandwich
- Crosby’s – donating $1/each newest limited-edition sandwich, the Country Fried Steak Breakfast Sandwich,
- The American Hotel – donation to the HFL Education Fund
- Dipper Dan’s – $1.00 from every Cougar Sundae
- Fanatics – 20% of the proceeds on the sale of their Cauliflower Wings
- Flaherty’s – 10% of meals all day on Wednesday October 2nd
- HFL Sports Boosters – 100% of proceeds from the sale of Swedish Fish
- The Honeoye Falls Distillery – $1/ each Ed Fund cocktail special
- The Kuger – 50% of every Spirit Smuthee and 50% of every KuGeR Claw
- Main Street Café – $1 from every panini sold and 10% of all proceeds from their pre parade party on the patio
- Mendon 64 – 25% of the Cougar Shrimp special, plus %10 per plate of Guest Chef event
- Mendon Dairy Shack – 25% donated from ice cream pie special or milkshake special
- Miller Lanes – donation to the HFL Education Fund
- Rucks – 50% of all proceeds from a special pizza menu item
- Salvatores – $1.00 from all large pizza’s
“The level of enthusiasm among our participating restaurants is fantastic, and really speaks to the value that they and our community place on education,” said Lauri Hofmann, president of the HFL Education Fund. “We’re looking forward to welcoming not only local residents as they sample our community’s fantastic dining options that week, but also hope to shine a spotlight on HFL’s unique restaurants to the broader Finger Lakes region.”
The event coincides with Honeoye Falls-Lima Spirit Week and annual Fall Weekend celebration. A pre-event Guest Chef Night on Wednesday, September 25 features Chris Hobaica taking over Mendon 64 to create a four-course Italian and Lebanese fusion experience. Reservations are $50 per person and may be made by calling 585-433-9464.
The HFL Education Fund has awarded more than $20,000 in grants since its founding for programs such as an indoor sustainability garden at the High School library, Syllaboard purchases to aid reading and writing among second graders, and Habits of Mind accreditation.
The HFL Education Fund is independent of the Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District, raising money through charitable contributions from generous community members and alumni. A volunteer community board provides oversight and leads outreach, while funds are maintained and managed by the Rochester Area Community Foundation.
Tax deductible contributions can be mailed to HFL Education Fund, 20 Church Street, Honeoye Falls, NY 14472. Checks payable to HFL Student Fund. OR you may Venmo a donation to @HFL-
EducationFund. Any donors who donate more than $100 will be mailed a tax-deductible receipt OR anyone can request a receipt.
For more information, please visit hfleducationfund.com or email Lauri at firstname.lastname@example.org